Winter in the Kansas City area can be rainy, snowy, dreary, gloomy, sunny, or downright COLD! Here are the things I plan to do this winter to enjoy the season.
- Christmas in the Sky – fireworks and tailgating the night before Thanksgiving at Longview Lake
- Ice skating
- Driving through Christmas in the Park and the Country Club Plaza to see the Christmas lights
- Shopping at Crown Center
- Seeing family and friends at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Eating Chinese food on Christmas Eve (our family tradition)
- Playing board games and working on puzzles
- Working on sewing projects when it’s too cold to go outside!
What are some of your favorite things to do in the winter?
My bucket list is changing as my nest empties…although I’m sure it will all come back around again someday if I have grandchildren.
We are creating new traditions and learning to be more flexible around the holidays as we consider schedules for our kid’s work schedules, time off, and girlfriends’ family activities as well.
I’m looking forward to this season with some quiet reflection too.